Sunday 26 February 2012

Bikram Singh - Kinna Sohna Munda Sunil Sehgal Remix

Fans of Bikram Singh should have noticed the video for Nachegi by now. Taken from his album Bik.I.Am, the song was released as a single last week. What fans may not have noticed are the remixes of Beyonce and Kinna Sohna Munda that were on the Nachegi single release.

As I wrote in my album review, Nachegi is a solid bhangra track and the video has been well received. But it is the Sunil Sehgal remix of Kinna Sohna Munda that is worth legally downloading. As soon as I heard the preview on itunes I liked this remix and could barely wait until I got the green light to blog about it. The original version of KSM is a brilliant tune and I actually prefer it to Nachegi as I think it has more attack. The Sunil Sehgal remix of KSM builds on this attack and transforms it into a club ready dance track. The bass is increased and there are a few well timed sound effects to listen out for.

There is also the One Stop remix of Beyonce on the Nachegi single. I did not like this as much as the original Beyonce, as I thought it completely sidelined Bikram's vocals. However if you like remixes there are two excellent versions of Electro Love Boliyan that are worth listening to.

No comments: